Sunday, March 1, 2015

Welcome to our Classroom Blog!

Hello!
Welcome to our first grade classroom blog!  This blog will be used for a variety of purposes, but mainly as a way to communicate with families about what is happening in our classroom!  This blog is going to be replacing our weekly classroom newsletter.  It is my goal to post to this blog multiple times per week, which means you will have more opportunities to see what we are learning in our classroom on a daily basis!  I hope to add photos from our classroom and maybe even videos!  Also, I will be posting links to websites we have used in our classroom or websites that provide more information about our curriculum.
Eventually I hope to have students write about what is happening in our classroom or comment about their favorite parts of our week!  I am excited to begin this new phase in our classroom, and I can't wait to see how technology will enhance our communication and open a new door to our learning!
Please visit this blog on a regular basis to see what's happening in first grade!  Also, please feel free to comment and ask questions!

5 comments:

  1. Elise, I really like how your blog is replacing your classroom newsletter. It is not only more interactive for students or families, but can be updated more frequently. I think that adding videos and photos will be a great addition to your blog to share what learning is occurring in your classroom! I never thought of first graders being able to blog/comment but I can't wait to see how it goes. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason, I posted to your blog but Google kicked me out. I said that I love your daily posts on classroom agendas. This is very helpful for those who are absent. I do the same on Google Classroom. The only issue with Google Classroom is that parent's cannot check it. Users have to have the e-mail suffix. This is why my blog is a classroom of sorts for posts and updates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise, I like all of the resources you have provided to parents and students. I also like the idea of replacing your classroom newsletter. Do you also offer a paper alternative for parents who do not have access to technology? Your agenda is a great idea. I agree with Samantha, this is very helpful for students who are absent and would like to know what they missed while gone.
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I am really enjoying being able to post frequent updates and events from out classroom. I have already heard positive feedback from some parents! I am hopeful that many families will utilize it on a regular basis. I showed my students the blog today and showed them the things they can access at home from the 'student resources' section.
    Rosa, the majority of my families do have access to technology. There are a few families I am going to reach out to at conferences next week to see if they are able to access our blog, otherwise I was thinking I could print blog posts and send them home as a paper copy. Great question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Elise, I think the pictures of your students is a nice touch! You really show a wonderful variety of literacy activities.

    ReplyDelete